Counterfeit of Christianity
Religions in today’s culture seem to be multiplying. Have you ever wondered why certain religions believe and practice what they do? Or how they view the Bible? This volume delves into these and other engaging questions, such as:
- How can a Christian witness to people in these religions?
- Do these other religions believe in creation and a Creator?
- How do we deal with these religions from a biblical authority perspective?
Many religions and cults discussed in this first volume openly affirm that the Bible is true, but then something gets in their way. And there is a common factor every time — man’s fallible opinions. In one way or another the Bible gets demoted, reinterpreted, or completely ignored. Man’s ideas are used to throw the Bible’s clear teaching out the window while false teachings are promoted.
This book is a must for laymen, church leaders, teachers, and students to understand the trends in our culture and around the world where certain religions dominate, helping you discern truth and guard your faith. When you understand a religion’s origins and teachings, you are in a better position to know how to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ as you take the good news to those in false religions.
Table of Contents
Introduction: God vs. Man — World Religions and Cults
1. Defending the Faith: Approaching World Religions
2. What Is Biblical Christianity, and Why Is It Different?
3. A Brief Introduction of Christianity
4. How Is Roman Catholicism Different?
5. How Is Eastern Orthodoxy Different?
6. Counterfeits of Christianity: The Overview
8. Jehovah’s Witnesses
11. The Baha’i Faith
16. Worldwide Church of the Creator (The Creativity Movement)
17. Moonies/The Unification Church
Appendix 1: The Triune God
Appendix 2: Is Jesus the Creator God? A Look at John 1:1–3